Monday, April 25, 2011

Alright kiddies. Hold onto to your VW necklaces.. Tight roll them pants at the bottom.. and start the beer spewing as I take you back in time to the night me and my homies went to see the Beastie Boys at the Louisville Gardens.


First off I want to show you this Rolling Stone Archive which includes reference to this very show: http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/beastieboys/articles/story/6222767/rude_boys *Why does my url not work, ever?




They talk about how they were told not to put the big penis on stage here ha ha..

and how they did anyway...



I remember it like yesterday (I'm not exactly sure of yesterday's date either)

Myself and my good homies Dion Walker and Mike Roland went to see our newest heroes those knuckle headed rap brats Mike D Ad Rock and MCA...


We hung out front row through the loud punk rawk Murphy's Law and the Funk Punk of Fishbone and the Beasties were taking forever to get started.. We couldn't take the heat and went for drinks..


after grabbing drink i entered what may have been my first ever freestyle cypher.. at least of this magnitude.. there were 5 of us rapping like we were the stars that night. Out of nowhere a girl appears grabbing at my jacket crying..


She thinks I'm MCA. We keep insisting I'm not when one of the guys, who I just now noticed were all wearing red jackets and wind breakers, grabbed my arm and started walking me through the crowd yelling "Security ! MCA coming through !"


the gardens parted like the red sea and we ended up right back up front row center.. the lights went out and the real Beastie's emerged... People started yelling at us and even throwing cokes at us but we just laughed and stayed up front and rocked out for the rest of the show. We didn't even get wet ha ha


from the cokes anyway...


I'm pretty sure Mike put a girl on his shoulders only to find she had no underwear on... I remember him saying he wasn't sure if that was cool or not.but he didn't make her get down. :)


Good Times.1987.Good Times.


NOW FOR THE STAR OF THIS BLOGGY BLOG:


2nd off here is an audio file you'll probably never hear anywhere else unless they rip it off from me.

the Beasties live @ WLOU just a few hours before the infamous event. (It's click and play or down-loadable too)




www.divshare.com/download/19486104-a9e

the Beasties try to get a little raunchy in the interview but it's all in good fun.. enjoy !

1 comment:

  1. http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/beastieboys/articles/story/6222767/rude_boys

    ReplyDelete